BSA ND3 light

coyote, crow, fox ......

Moderator: Todd

BSA ND3 light

Postby chief joe » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:41 am

Anybody had any experience with this BSA ND3 light? Advertised as Laser Genetics by BSA: ND3 - Long Distance Laser Designator-The Ultimate Alternative to Night Vision !
One review talked about not working well in cold temps. Another indicated low quality mounts? It sure sounds neat!
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby Todd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:44 am

---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby chief joe » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 am

I guess they are fairly new and impressive when they work correctly. At about $300 each I'd want them to work.
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby Todd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:31 pm

chief joe wrote:I guess they are fairly new and impressive when they work correctly. At about $300 each I'd want them to work.

Unfortunately we can't hunt at night, except for raccoons. I would be willing to bet our wildlife agency would love to see them outlawed. They hate anything they can't control 100%.
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby chief joe » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Todd wrote:
chief joe wrote:I guess they are fairly new and impressive when they work correctly. At about $300 each I'd want them to work.

Unfortunately we can't hunt at night, except for raccoons. I would be willing to bet our wildlife agency would love to see them outlawed. They hate anything they can't control 100%.

I have heard that they are impressive at 200 plus yards. Guys here are talking about hog hunting but it is easy to see the miss use of them.
They seem to be experiencing some problems with cold and hot effecting the use. I'm talking 30 to 40 degrees and extreme hot both of which we can have here.
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Return to Predator & Varmint