Camping

survival, backpacking, places, gear, trips, trails and tips ......

Moderator: Todd

Camping

Postby bodean9 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:02 am

Our son will turn 6 on July 10th. I camped with him at night only. After eating supper at the house, we went to the make the campfire, laid back on the blanket to watch for "shooting stars," then went back to roast hotdogs and marshmallows, while telling stories...believe me...I'm full of it, I can tell stories forever! I've had to tell the story of the Bell Witch over 20 times because our son loves it so much, and Thursday night he wanted me to tell the story again. We camped Thursday and and Friday night. Friday morning was nice because it was cloudy early, but Saturday morning there were no clouds and I was roasting in the tent by 8:00AM.
bodean9
Outdoorsmen

Re: Camping

Postby chief joe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:49 am

Good deal!!! :)
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby Todd » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Sounds like a time your son will remember forever.....
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby bodean9 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 am

Remember forever and often...he's not the sort to let you forget anything, so I'll have to watch the weather forecast for cooler nights (69 or lower at night) with no rain is prefered.

Two weeks ago we first camped in the tent. I woke to thunder in the distance at 5:00AM. I wanted something more than an inflatable mattress between me and a lightning bolt, so we moved indoors.
bodean9
Outdoorsmen

Return to Hiking, Camping, and Climbing