Roughing it

survival, backpacking, places, gear, trips, trails and tips ......

Moderator: Todd

Roughing it

Postby swampbuck » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 am

Here is my home away from home.. It's tough I have power,water and sewage.. But I get by ...lmao

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat
swampbuck
Guide

Re: Roughing it

Postby chief joe » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:12 pm

swampbuck wrote:Here is my home away from home.. It's tough I have power,water and sewage.. But I get by ...lmao

The things we put ourselves through! Nice outfit!
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby swampbuck » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:16 pm

I need a sat dish..
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat
swampbuck
Guide

Postby ~jeff~ » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 am

Nice looking rig, I've owned a few over the years and hold fond memories of time spent in them all....

I hope you and the family enjoy it.

Looks as if it might put a fair roof over your head on on visits to that new land you recently acquired.
A couple or three solar panels have been known to keep the generator time down to a minimum. You probably already have a suitable inverter on-board.
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Postby chief joe » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:36 am

swampbuck wrote:I need a sat dish..

I used to carry a dish that cost $5.00 extra a month on the house account. I stayed in the same location for some time so once I dialed it it I was good to do.
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby swampbuck » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 pm

I need to check into it we don't have dish at the house...

Frederic Bastiat
swampbuck
Guide

Postby chief joe » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:29 am

swampbuck wrote:I need to check into it we don't have dish at the house...

At the time we were full time in the MH so we signed on our daughter's account since we stayed with her when we were not traveling. Just gave her $60 a year. Could never get local news but that was not a big thing with our computers.
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Return to Hiking, Camping, and Climbing