My Uncles Winter Florida Camping Experience

survival, backpacking, places, gear, trips, trails and tips ......

Moderator: Todd

My Uncles Winter Florida Camping Experience

Postby Todd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:36 pm

I was talking to my Aunt and Uncle the other day and my aunt was telling me about one of the incidents they had while camping in Florida this winter. Well, it was really an incident that happened mostly to my uncle.

The first thing to keep in mind is that my uncle is about 80 years old and he is always looking for something to do to keep himself busy. Helping neighbors mow their grass, fixing things that are broken, being part of Campers on a Mission where they travel around and help repair and build churches, etc. e doesn't do these things to earn money, just to try and keep himself busy.

The second thing to keep in mind is that he is a life long practical joker and flirts around a lot just talking to ladies.

On to the story....

They headed down to Florida in their new RV without any real plan, ie reservations for any place specific. Well, they got down there and found an over 55 "campground" that had some openings, but none where they could stay in one place for over a week. To stay any longer at that campground they had to move to a different site because of incoming campers with reservations. About 1/3 - 1/2 of the sites there had some sort of semi-permanent building attached to the campers/trailers.

About the second time they moved they moved next to a camper that had a built on porch with stairs. Well, the porch railing was in need of repair. So my uncle heads over and knocks on the door to see if he could repair the railing for them. A woman answered the door and my uncle said he would be happy to repair the railing if it was alright with her. She gives him permission and off to the hardware store he goes. He described her as a "younger" gal, but keep in mind this place is for people over 55 years old.

He bought a couple boards, nails, the usual simple repair needs. He gets back and proceeds to fix the things in need of repair. When he finished, the lady of the house thanked him and asked what she owed him. He said not to worry about it he was just trying to be friendly and keep himself busy. She said I have to give you something you bought the hardware and all your time. So, my uncle jokingly said, well how about a kiss. :lol:

She of course didn't give him one, and he headed back to his motorhome for dinner. The next morning they were still in bed when someone came pounding on the door.

My aunt asked who is that, and my uncle looks out and says I don't know, it's some woman.

He gets up, goes to the door where he proceeds to get blessed out by the woman telling him to stay the hell away from her wife, and if he comes back on their property she will have him arrested. My uncle said "your who" and she said that's my wife you were over there trying to kiss.....

:l2

I think he may be "cured" of helping people he doesn't know for a while.....

:l2
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Re: My Uncles Winter Florida Camping Experience

Postby chief joe » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh man! :l2
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Return to Hiking, Camping, and Climbing