Wild Boar shoulder With Wild Garlic & BBQ

Camping foods, Backyard Grilling, Recipes, and Wild Game ....

Moderators: Todd, MJW

Postby Todd » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:48 pm

It's been cooking in the crock pot since 9:00, just took a look an it's falling off the bone. Had to take a taste, WOW!

I could eat the whole thing by myself.....

But my kids would kill me!!
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Re: Wild Boar shoulder With Wild Garlic & BBQ

Postby chief joe » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:42 am

Todd wrote:Wild Boar shoulder With Wild Garlic & BBQ
It's been cooking in the crock pot since 9:00, just took a look an it's falling off the bone. Had to take a taste, WOW!
I could eat the whole thing by myself.....But my kids would kill me!!

I would take wild pork over domestic any day! :D
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby Todd » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:00 am

This was the wild boar I killed just after Christmas, and the wild garlic I gathered back in July.

I marinated it in Caribbean jerk, and BBQ sauce for about 1 1/2 days. In the bottom of the crock pot I heated olive oil, added a small, thinly sliced bulb of the garlic, and let that heat for 20 minutes. I then added the boar shoulder and let it cook on low until 3:00 when I had to leave. I pulled the meat from the bone and stirred it all up really well. It didn't take much pulling, it mostly just fell off. My wife got here at a little after 4:00 and plugged it back in until about 5:30.

It was amazing!

My oldest said it best when she said "this is so good it makes me want to cry".....

:D

Can't wait to sink my teeth into those tenderloins!!
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby chief joe » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:39 pm

Todd wrote:
My oldest said it best when she said "this is so good it makes me want to cry"..... :D

I can understand that! We had a rump roast from a tender young deer that a friend brought back from the Hill Country. It was also very tender and flavorful. Best of all I hooked up with an elderly couple here in town thru Facebook whom I was able to share this bounty. I took them some frozen venison and trail baloney. The man used to hunt but is not disabled. Love the venison but hadn't had any for a long time!
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Return to Outdoor Cooking & Grilling