Coyote kill

coyote, crow, fox ......

Moderator: Todd

Coyote kill

Postby TnEncore » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:42 am

Here is a coyote I shot last week. Pretty good start to the season. :D Shot with my Bushmaster Predator using Black Hills ammo with a 60gr V-Max. The shot was 55 yards.

TnEncore
Guide

Postby TnEncore » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:30 am

Todd wrote:Glad to see you getting a good start.

Did you call him in or a chance encounter? What type call if calling?
I called it in. It didn't take about 10 seconds :D I just put the call down when it came running out of the woods. I was using rabbit distress.
TnEncore
Guide

Postby 41mag » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Many years ago we used to have a big problem with Coyotes and Coy dogs in small packs. More than once they tangled with a 95 lb Pyrenees that I used to have out side all the time. They never got the better of him. He would put himself in a corner so they could not get behind him and they were no match for him head on like that. Anyway they seemed to have moved one a few years ago at least in my area because I have not seen or shot one for a few years around here now. They used to keep the coons in check and now we have a few to many of them running around. Coons will not bother dogs but they have given a few outside cats here a hard time injured one pretty good. (cat did survive after some extended recoup time) For some reason the Coyotes never bothered the outside cats here. (that or cats steered clear of them)
41mag

Postby psycho » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:36 pm

nice yote... I am hoping to get into some predators this year as well...

For the calendar year of 2008 I only have 1 yote.

I feel some bobcats in my future as well
psycho
Trophy Hunter

Postby TnEncore » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:18 am

Here is two more I shot a few weeks ago. I have missed two more since I killed these. Win some, lose some. :D

TnEncore
Guide

Postby swampbuck » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:46 am

Heard a bunch of yotes this morning while on the deer stand.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat
swampbuck
Guide

Return to Predator & Varmint