Brady Campaign Sues to Stop National Park Gun Rule

Wildlife reintroductions, traffic, financial issues,

Postby Todd » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:40 am

The new rule applies to rural and urban national parks. If it goes into effect on January 9, it would allow concealed firearms on the National Mall just eleven days before the Obama Inaugural Celebration.

By Bill Schneider, 12-30-08

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, America
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby 41mag » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Loaded guns have no place in national parks. This is not the wild wild west. (though some would like it to be)
41mag

Postby Todd » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:30 pm

41mag wrote:Loaded guns have no place in national parks. This is not the wild wild west. (though some would like it to be)

Coming from a person who doesn't think people have a right to protect themselves in their own home, your opinion is not suprising.....
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby 41mag » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Todd wrote:
41mag wrote:Loaded guns have no place in national parks. This is not the wild wild west. (though some would like it to be)

Coming from a person who doesn't think people have a right to protect themselves in their own home, your opinion is not suprising.....

Coming from someone that thinks that guns are the answer for everything your stance is no surprise. We do not live is a Utopian dream world where everyone is responsible with weapons and the more people with guns, the more likely incompetent ones will have them too and the more accidents that are likely to happen from this. No guns national parks mean at least you have a pretty good chance of not being a victim of a "accident". See I believe in closing the barn door before the cows get out while you want to open it and hope that they do not. Guns in parks is opening the barn door.
41mag

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 am

41mag wrote: Coming from someone that thinks that guns are the answer for everything your stance is no surprise.

Never said guns were the answer for everything. I will say they are one of the VERY, VERY few ways that good people can put themselves on a level playing field with crack smoking gun toting thugs that plague the world.

While I'm sure the police will ALWAYS be there to keep you safe, cozy, and hold your hand I prefer someone MUCH more capable and reliable. Myself.

41mag wrote:We do not live is a Utopian dream world....

FINALLY, an accurate and honest observation from you.

Since we don't live in a utopian society who do you think is the best person to protect you and your family?

The police? :roll:

Boy gun free school zones sure have worked well haven't they.....

41mag wrote:...the more people with guns, the more likely incompetent ones will have them too and the more accidents that are likely to happen from this..

I would MUCH rather die from an extremly rare accidental discharge than to die from one of the FREQUENT carjackings or robberies by some crackhead Obama supporter.

41mag wrote:See I believe in closing the barn door before the cows get out while you want to open it and hope that they do not. Guns in parks is opening the barn door.

What you believe in, and you have said so many, many times before, is that the government will ALWAYS be there to take care of you.
Last edited by Todd on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Todd
Guide

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 am

How many times have you been to a National Park this year?
Todd
Guide

Postby Phil » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:42 pm

I can understand why people like Barak Obama and 41mag would be against being able to protect themselves in a NP. They hate America and the constittution. But what is the real reason for the gun ban in the first place??
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed frequently and for the same reason!!!
Phil
Guide

Postby Phil » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:55 pm

If people don't need guns in NPs why do rangers carry them???

:pop:
Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed frequently and for the same reason!!!
Phil
Guide

Postby Todd » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:14 am

Phil wrote: ...what is the real reason for the gun ban in the first place??

I asked a ranger that before and his rediculous answer caused me to laugh outloud. It was the same BS excuse the TWRA uses as to why we can;t carry on WMA.

He said that allowing carry permit holders to carry a pistol would only increase the amount of poaching in the Smoky Mountains.

Yes, government employees are REALLY stupid enough to think that. They could care less if you get robbed and your wife gets raped and beheaded, just as long as someone doesn't shoot one of their stupid deer. Deer that are so over populated that have completly ruined the park from an ecological standpoint....
Todd
Guide

Postby 41mag » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Phil wrote:I can understand why people like Barak Obama and 41mag would be against being able to protect themselves in a NP. They hate America and the constittution. But what is the real reason for the gun ban in the first place??

Actually they only one we need to worry about are the nuts that think a gun is a answer to everything. Even to get a drivers license you have to take a test. There is no test to see if you are competent with a gun and their should be maybe. Again guns have no business in national parks as their needs to be a safe zone where koolaid drinkers have to leave their toys (guns) at home.
41mag

Postby Todd » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Phil don't worry, only 15 days until crack smoking gang bangers lay down their guns and their pipes, drop themselves from the welfare rolls, get real jobs (AKA not government jobs) and we all join hands in an eternal chorus of 'Cum By Ya'.

Utopia is fast approaching!
Todd
Guide

Postby bryan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:34 am

I worked for a TBI agent last week, he said he wished everyone would carry a fire arm. He said it would keep a lot of people from getting robbed, or mugged.
bryan
Trophy Hunter

Return to National Parks