Page 1 of 1

Planning on Fishing Smoky Mountains?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:12 pm
by Todd
Planning on Fishing Smoky Mountains?

Be sure to buy your license from North Carolina instead of Tennessee. Either states license can be used throughout the park, and in most cases it is much cheaper to buy from North Carolina.

For example annual non-resident licenses

Tennessee $81 (all species)
North Carolina $30 license $10 trout stamp

Not only is it less expensive to buy it from North Carolina, the N.C. license lasts for 12 months from the date of purchase, Tennessee (annual) licenses expire the last day of Febuary regardless of purchase date.

Good Luck!