Contender pistol

Target, Sporting clays, Reloading, Gunsmith ....

Moderator: totoe

Contender pistol

Postby chief joe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:59 am

Looking for reasons/suggestions about a hard breaking contender. Takes way too much pressure to release it?? Help!
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Re: Contender pistol

Postby Todd » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 am

I've never owned one myself, and have only shot one a couple of times. However, I have some hunters returning this weekend that are Contender junkies. This group has and knows everything about every Contender imaginable. They have customized calibers and guns that are unreal. I will ask them and see if I can find out anything that may help without having the benefit of seeing the gun.
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby chief joe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Todd wrote: I will ask them and see if I can find out anything that may help without having the benefit of seeing the gun.

Thanks Todd
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby chief joe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Todd, while you are talking with these Contender guys ask them what their opinion is on this question please. In Ohio you can use any pistol as long as it is a straight wall shell like a 357 or 44 mag. I used to have a Contender 357 Maxium but never got to use it before I sold it.
Question-- Given the restriction of the straight wall, what caliber to you feel offers the best range
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Postby chief joe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Todd, I spoke with a great guy at TC. Ernie French advised that my problem was inheirant to the early Contenders made worse by putting a newer style barrel on in. Said TC had just moved and was gearing up to offer the "fix" for these models. Should be up and running in three or four weeks. We'll see.
On the other hand KT is in Dallas taking my Browning BLR back for rework. Would not fire after I got it home from the shop up there. She is a princess! Been sitting all day while they fix the gun, hopefully right this time.
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Return to Guns & Shooting