Shot several New Guns This Weekend

Target, Sporting clays, Reloading, Gunsmith ....

Moderator: totoe

Shot several New Guns This Weekend

Postby Todd » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:03 am

I had the opportunity to shoot some amazing guns this weekend, many of them custom made and first time shots for me.

My favorites were Ruger #1 rifle customized to a 416 Rigby and a Ruger #1 rifle customized for .375.

When I was watching the 416 be shot from about 10 feet away, you could literally feel it jar your bones. It almost changes your heart rhythm! The .375 wasn't much different.

Shooting them was pure heaven. I have been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to shoot a lot of different guns in my life and these stand out as some of my favorite rifles. These things were sweet! The kick wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be, probably because the guns weigh in at 10 pounds each.

I took some video of all the shooting that was going on, but it was the first time I had used this camera and I had it set to close-up, so the video's are blurry. I also took some pictures that are pretty good, but you don't get the associated sound affects.
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Re: Shot several New Guns This Weekend

Postby chief joe » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:21 am

BIG guns! Not sure I want to shoot those cannons but I do enjoy shooting. Had a nice time shooting with Kt and Mariellen this week. Finally cool enough to go to the woods.
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Return to Guns & Shooting