Is this the time to leave the Whitehouse?

war on terror, elections, and other non 2nd amendment issues

Moderators: Todd, CalHunter

Is this the time to leave the Whitehouse?

Postby chief joe » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Conflict in Libya ... a nuclear meltdown in Japan ... violence and unrest throughout the Middle East -- all are likely to get more attention that Obama's jobs and trades missions to Brazil, Chile, and El Salvador.

Gotta think this would be a good time to stay home. :wink:
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby ~jeff~ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 pm

The thought of what political figures can get by with when the media is deluged with hot topics that completely smother reports of lesser interesting actions.

It's almost scary to think what some would try....
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Postby chief joe » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:49 pm

~jeff~ wrote:The thought of what political figures can get by with when the media is deluged with hot topics that completely smother reports of lesser interesting actions.

It's almost scary to think what some would try....

I just feel like the beginning of these air strikes deserve.....something?
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby ~jeff~ » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:22 am

You know Joe, in all seriousness I'll tell what I am thinking.

First off, on any given day I'm involved in meetings with groups of engineers where we plot, plan and design, draw up blueprints and schematics, trouble shoot, repair and adjust programing on very complicated equipment all of which are located in four different countries as well as at sea vessels.

I do this from my home in Florida...... Oh yeah, I fill in dead time by posting in outdoor forums....all from the same computer.....

My point is, I don't have to be there to do my job. In fact, I can be more effective at working multiple locations at one time by not being distracted by being physically located on any one given site.

I doubt Obama is missing anything by being abroad. He's networked into the pulse of everything thats going on.
He's not missing phone calls and emails and there isn't people knocking on the oval office door with important agenda and finding no one home...

Truth is, he very well may be able to focus on important issues better from Air Force One than when he is at home.

But that thought aside...

Obama's current actions, along with many other world leaders are probably well planed and relatively strategic.

Who needs to be where and talking to who right now?
Who is he really meeting with right now that we don't know about?

He could easily be rendezvousing with anyone from any where right now.

There might be some pow-wows that don't need the headline glamor and a glitter that comes with dropping by the White House.

The attack on Libya wasn't an off the cuff spur of the moment decision. A lot of things might have had to been taken into consideration that the average guy might not see real clearly.

If you are coming to conclusion as far as his current activities are concerned by hearing what the media is saying he is up to....give that some more thought....
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Postby chief joe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:12 pm

~jeff~ wrote:You know Joe, in all seriousness I'll tell what I am thinking.
If you are coming to conclusion as far as his current activities are concerned by hearing what the media is saying he is up to....give that some more thought....

I agree with what you said Jeff. I am not sure that what you said it what President Obama indicated he would do. But then we rarely get what we voted for. The transparency seem more clouded now.
I just have to feel that a different guy would have been roasted for doing this. I guess that is history and we have learned from our mistakes!
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Postby chief joe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

I wonder if the reasons and speeches said before a bomb dropped on a guys head would make the results any different?
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Return to Politics and Current Events