Question

war on terror, elections, and other non 2nd amendment issues

Moderators: Todd, CalHunter

Question

Postby chief joe » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:15 pm

This is not meant to start anything nor is it a partisan question. What is the difference between what we are about to do in Libya and what we did in Iraq? Libya has no WMD but are hurting their people. In I raq we never found the WMDs but ever hole that was dug uncovered a mass grave of people???
:pop:
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

The difference is simple

Postby bodean9 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:03 pm

The media (formerly the main media like CBS, ABC, CNBC and CNN) used to report every single time George Bush passed wind or thought about it. The difference is Obama is extremely liberal like the media, so they don't want to make their guy look bad, so they just don't report anything. The news reporters will not ask Obama that question, but they hounded Bush over it.
bodean9
Outdoorsmen

Postby ~jeff~ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:19 pm

I hope it will turn out considerably different.
With "no occupation allowed", "no boots on the ground" being in the rules, I'd like to think it will turn out more like when Bagdad was spanked with the first air strike. More in the line of a quick, couple day hit and run.

Too bad ourselves and others had to get involved in Libya at all but I suppose since there seems to be global approval of the current action we're gonna have to trust it's necessary.

I think it's completely off base to consider this "our war" or Obama's or anything like that.
The leaders of 22 different country's are represented and involved in the planing of attack strategies. That also makes this quite different than the situation in Iraq.
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Postby chief joe » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:47 pm

~jeff~ wrote:I think it's completely off base to consider this "our war" or Obama's or anything like that.
The leaders of 22 different country's are represented and involved in the planing of attack strategies. That also makes this quite different than the situation in Iraq.

Didn't Iraq start out a group effort and then they dropped like flies? Like any "fight" one can not always guess what the reaction to our reaction will be.
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby ~jeff~ » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 am

chief joe wrote:Didn't Iraq start out a group effort and then they dropped like flies? Like any "fight" one can not always guess what the reaction to our reaction will be.

There was a lot of approval but I don't think as much involvement from the start.

These other countries might stay involved here if the theme doesn't start changing.

Who's gonna wanna stay involved when you go from "WMD" to "War on Terror" to "Operation Iraqi Freedom" to " We're Gonna take Our Stuff and Go Home Now" cause we didn't achieve any of the above?

We gotta lay low on this one so the rest the world don't start sayin' we're a bunch of psychopaths.

I'd like to add one more rule to the UN's rule list about this Libya thing.
One theme and one theme only!
If your original theme becomes irrelevant you gotta take all your stuff and go home...right away...
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Postby bodean9 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:12 am

[/quote]Didn't Iraq start out a group effort and then they dropped like flies? Like any "fight" one can not always guess what the reaction to our reaction will be.[/quote]

This reminds me of the quote "The pathway to Hell is paved with good intentions." You can read more about who might have said this at http://www.samueljohnson.com/road.html

This reminds me of a girl I dated several years ago before I married my wife. I dated a girl who, when I first started dating her and she was introducing me to her world said, "If you see something you don't like, don't complain about it, do something about it." Her quote stuck in my mind.
bodean9
Outdoorsmen

Return to Politics and Current Events