Voters Rights Question

war on terror, elections, and other non 2nd amendment issues

Moderators: Todd, CalHunter

Voters Rights Question

Postby ~jeff~ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:23 am

When a law, project or the like is voted for by the people of a city, county or state is their any instance that it would be OK for a governing body to repeal or kill the law, project etc. without the voters having say?

IN short, when is it OK by you for any government body to reject or deny the will of the voting majority?
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Re: Voters Rights Question

Postby Todd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 pm

~jeff~ wrote:When a law, project or the like is voted for by the people of a city, county or state is their any instance that it would be OK for a governing body to repeal or kill the law, project etc. without the voters having say?

IN short, when is it OK by you for any government body to reject or deny the will of the voting majority?

Happens all the time. California's law against gay marriage is the most recent that comes to mind.

As far as when is it okay by "me" for that to happen, that is a toughy....
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby ~jeff~ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:17 pm

I've taken note of three attemps of this in the last week in two different states.
The topics to me are irrelevant, it's flat out being denied the right to vote.
When people sit back and let this happen, no matter their opinion of the topic they are either giving up their voting right or not caring if others have no right to vote. If you take away voting rights, a guy has nothing left.
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Return to Politics and Current Events