OK what do y'all think of this guy? (Herman Cain)

war on terror, elections, and other non 2nd amendment issues

Moderators: Todd, CalHunter

OK what do y'all think of this guy? (Herman Cain)

Postby chief joe » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 pm

http://www.hermancain.com/index.asp

What do you think?? His health issue would have to be a concern. Given five years to live, four years back with major cancer issues.
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby swampbuck » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 pm

Herman is awesome.. if he can get traction he can bitch slap OBAMA..

He is the real deal.....
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat
swampbuck
Guide

Postby chief joe » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:45 pm

swampbuck wrote:Herman is awesome.. if he can get traction he can bitch slap OBAMA..

He is the real deal.....

All else being equal, there would be much concern about his health issues. I like what he has done and where he has been.
Joe Beran
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." - W.C. Fields
chief joe
Tracker

Postby swampbuck » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

He guest host on boortz a lot and making the talk show rounds.. I am also on his intelligent thinkers site.. I have never heard him mention his health issues..

I think as of right now he is cancer free

"Cain is a fiesty candidate who, if provided with a podium, could prove formidible. As an all around conservative, he meets the requirements of most of the grassroots. He
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat
swampbuck
Guide

Postby ~jeff~ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:16 am

~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Postby ~jeff~ » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:22 pm

[quote="Swampbuck"]He
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Postby Todd » Sat May 21, 2011 12:56 pm

~jeff~ wrote:http://youtu.be/9MZx38i6iYs

Good clip, but that video is not Herman Cain that Joe is referencing in the first post, that is Allen West.

Herman Cain that Joe is discussing is the former chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza.

This is Herman Cain kicking Bill Clinton's butt so bad that Clinton dismisses him and moves on to someone not so good with math...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdLGKRBJ_0E
Last edited by Todd on Sat May 21, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby Todd » Sat May 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Joe, I really like Herman Cain, but I don't think he has much of a chance at becoming President right now though. Then again, I couldn't imagine who would vote for Obama 4 years ago, or now for that matter.....

Having said that, he sure would bring a lot to the table as a vice President.
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby chief joe » Sat May 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Todd wrote:Having said that, he sure would bring a lot to the table as a vice President.

Interesting! I see he is on the evening news anouncing his run at the office.
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Postby Todd » Sun May 22, 2011 1:05 am

chief joe wrote: Interesting! I see he is on the evening news anouncing his run at the office.

I thought he was going to by the hints he was making yesterday.

Here is an article I found about announcement to run....

Tea Party Favorite Herman Cain Joins 2012 GOP Race

Published May 21, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Tea Party favorite Herman Cain announced his long-shot presidential candidacy to a raucous crowd in Atlanta Saturday, yelling, "I'm running for president of the United States and I'm not running for second."

At a rally attended by thousands, the businessman, author and talk radio show host showed he knows how to wow a conservative gathering. The crowd chanted, "Herman, Herman, Herman," as Cain unleashed the same soaring rhetoric and relentless attacks on President Obama that has created buzz in recent weeks.

"Let me tell you some of the reasons why I'm running for president of the United States.We have become a nation of crises," he said, citing morals, the economy, entitlement spending, immigration and foreign affairs as among the crises facing the nation.

"And we've got a deficiency of leadership crisis in the White House," he said to roaring cheers.

Now the 65-year-old Republican will see if he can use that grass-roots enthusiasm to turn a long-shot presidential campaign into a credible bid.

Related Links
2012 Courting of Donor-Friendly Republicans Vexes Tea Party Activists

Cain has been introducing himself to voters during months of traveling around the country.

Cain supports a strong national defense, opposes abortion, backs replacing the federal income tax with a national sales tax and favors a return to the gold standard.

He's never held elected office, losing a three-way Republican U.S. Senate primary bid in Georgia in 2004 with one-quarter of the vote. His "Hermanator" political action committee has taken in just over $16,000 this year.

Cain says he's running "a bottoms-up, outside-the-box campaign." Supporters say he taps into the tea party-fueled desire for plain-speaking citizen candidates.

"I just love him," gushed Laura Miller, a self-described "Cainiac" from Jessup, Ga. "What he says makes so much sense."

Born in Memphis, Tenn., and raised in Atlanta, Cain is the son of a chauffeur and a maid. He attended historically black Morehouse College, earned a master's degree from Purdue University and worked as a mathematician for the Navy before beginning to scale the corporate ladder.

He worked at Coca-Cola, Pillsbury and Burger King before taking the helm of the failing Godfather's Pizza franchise, which he rescued by shuttering hundreds of restaurants.

He burst onto the political stage when he sparred with President Bill Clinton over the Democrat's health care plan at a 1994 town hall meeting.

"On behalf of all of those business owners that are in a situation similar to mine," asked Cain, "my question is, quite simply, if I'm forced to do this, what will I tell those people whose jobs I will have to eliminate?"

The late Jack Kemp, the GOP vice presidential nominee in 1996, once described Cain as having "the voice of Othello, the looks of a football player, the English of Oxfordian quality and the courage of a lion."

In 2006, Cain was diagnosed with liver and colon cancer. He says he's been cancer-free since 2007 and credits the nation's health care system with keeping him alive. He says it's one reason he's so opposed to the health overhaul championed by President Barack Obama.

At a speech last week in Macon, Ga., Cain gave a glimpse of the rationale for his candidacy. He said the American dream is under attack from runaway debt, a stagnant economy and a Democratic administration forcing a legislative agenda citizens don't want.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05 ... -gop-race/
Todd
Guide

Postby Todd » Mon May 23, 2011 3:07 am

Here is Herman Cain being interviewed by Chris Wallace.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/954878611001 ... ntial-bid/
Todd
Guide

Re: OK what do y'all think of this guy? (Herman Cain)

Postby chief joe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:21 am

Herman Cain announces he's suspending his campaign
Joe Beran
chief joe
Tracker

Re: OK what do y'all think of this guy? (Herman Cain)

Postby bodean9 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:02 am

I knew he was going to make an announcement yesterday, but we've been doing family stuff, so I hadn't taken the time to look and see what he announced.
bodean9
Outdoorsmen

Return to Politics and Current Events