Alaska Fair Security & Police Rough-up Anti-Obama Protes

war on terror, elections, and other non 2nd amendment issues

Moderators: Todd, CalHunter

Alaska Fair Security & Police Rough-up Anti-Obama Protes

Postby Todd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Alaska Fair Security & Police Rough-up Anti-Obama Protester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppBZM88mHvQ

:l2

Okay, so this guy obviously has a few loose screws, but why the heck did two 300 pound steroid freaks have to pile on top of a partially disabled 60 year old man?

When contacted the Fair marketing director Dean Phipps says "the fair has an unwritten policy against people campaigning in common areas of the fairgrounds."

Hello! This guy wasn't "campaigning". Period. Anyone with a half a brain could see that.

Phipps also said [i]
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby Todd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:47 pm

I watched it a couple more times and I can't help but laugh....

One of these 250+ pound goons said to the other after 3 of them body slammed this 110 pound old man. Are you guys all right?

:l2

And wonder, was alcohol involved? :D

I can't expecting him to yell "Don't taze me bro".....

Still, I can't see where anyone but "security" made more of this than it needed to be, or was. Just some nut expressing his view with a big sign.

And to top it all off, "Larouche" who his sign supported is a Democrat!
---------------------------
"Nothing is easier than spending public money. It does not appear to belong to anybody. The temptation is overwhelming to bestow it on somebody." Calvin Coolidge
Todd
Guide

Postby ~jeff~ » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:27 am

Security guards handling of protest OK, fair officials say

Anchorage Daily News
09/03/10
Alaska State Fair officials have reviewed an incident Aug. 26 in which a man waving a sign clashed with security guards and was forced to the ground, and say the guards acted appropriately.

The incident was caught on video and posted on a range of web sites, including YouTube, and ignited a debate on free speech.

The sign-waver, Sidney Hill, 52, was arrested and charged with assault, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.

Fair managers released a statement Friday saying that the fairgrounds are private property and the Alaska State Fair has a right to regulate conduct on the property. Hill violated Alaska State Fair policy by demonstrating in a plaza rather than a booth and by disrupting other people, said a fair spokesman.

He was waving his sign, being loud, and interfering with a show taking place nearby, the fair management's statement said.

An Anchorage woman who was there said he was just walking around, though, and the person identified as the photographer of the YouTube video also said Hill was peaceful until security personnel came after him.

During the course of the incident, security personnel also discovered that Hill had a gun, another violation of fair policy, according to the fair management statement.
~Jeff~
Palin For President 2012 - 2014 1/2
~jeff~
Tracker

Return to Politics and Current Events