Archery Range Equipment & Design

test posts, technical ?'s, suggestions, anyone can post......

Moderators: Todd, MJW

Postby Clay Pipkin » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:10 am

For my Eagle Scout Project for Boy Scouts I have selected to design, source, and build an archery range. I live in Taiwan so I do not have convienent access to sporting goods shops or other archery ranges. I have a basic layout and safety rules from 4-H. I have a good site which has a 30 foot high dirt bank as the back drop. I do not know the best targets to use. The camp will fund the targets, bows, arrows, accessory equipment. The site is flat, at least 50yds wide, and 25yds deep (shooting distace). All users will be beginners. The camp is for youth from 6 to 18yrs old, but mostly for teens. Some adults will come for group outdoor experiences. We have lackable 40 ft shipping containers to lock up targets and equipment.
I need advice on targets, stands, bows, arrows and miscellanous equipment, what is the best to buy for a youth camp, any suggestions on a good source. I hope we can source from a single source. We thought perhaps setting up 5 or 6 shooting lines. Do I need to worry about arrows missing the targets and hitting the dirt bank, it is dirt with rocks ? I would be grateful for any information.
Clay Pipkin
Green Horn

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:01 pm

On 2005-04-02 21:10, Clay Pipkin wrote:
For my Eagle Scout Project for Boy Scouts I have selected to design, source, and build an archery range. I live in Taiwan so I do not have convienent access to sporting goods shops or other archery ranges. I have a basic layout and safety rules from 4-H. I have a good site which has a 30 foot high dirt bank as the back drop. I do not know the best targets to use. The camp will fund the targets, bows, arrows, accessory equipment. The site is flat, at least 50yds wide, and 25yds deep (shooting distace). All users will be beginners. The camp is for youth from 6 to 18yrs old, but mostly for teens. Some adults will come for group outdoor experiences. We have lackable 40 ft shipping containers to lock up targets and equipment.
I need advice on targets, stands, bows, arrows and miscellanous equipment, what is the best to buy for a youth camp, any suggestions on a good source. I hope we can source from a single source. We thought perhaps setting up 5 or 6 shooting lines. Do I need to worry about arrows missing the targets and hitting the dirt bank, it is dirt with rocks ? I would be grateful for any information.

Return to Forum Help